RE: SUVs

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[3C7360C0:01C61610] k0AI5dpF031346
Subject: RE: SUVs
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:03:59 -0700
Hello,

>We have an SUV.  We live in Texas/NM and a few times a year drive 600+
miles
>one way to pick up the grand kids and visit friends and relatives.
You can
>stuff a 10 and 14 year old grandkid, a 6' 270 lb. grampa and a 5'10"
>nevermind how many lbs. grandma into a GTI and make the trip if you
wish, but my  1949 model body just wont handle that >kink of "better"
vehicle any more.

>I love little cars, but for long road trips, especially with kids, you
can't beat the Tahoe.  This goes double when
>the wife is along and the  probability of hauling back a large antique
something in the back or tied on the  roof is in
>excess of 90%.

That is why you own a little car, that you use on an every day basis and
RENT a SUV for that 1 a year occurrence... Much cheaper...

Regards, cyrille