Re: Hi, I'm new

To: "Bob" <rcampion@usadatanet.net>,
Subject: Re: Hi, I'm new
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 17:44:53 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob" <rcampion@usadatanet.net>
To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 4:02 PM
Subject: Hi, I'm new

My name is Bob Campion, and I have finally realized my 40 year itch.  I have
a 1961 Sprite that I need some help on  I live in Vernon, NY, halfway
between Syracuse and Utica.  I sure hope someone around here can help me
diagnose and heal some of the problems I am about to run in to.  Not being a
mechanic isn't going to help me very much, but I have a "rough" idea of what
I might have to do.
Anyways, to begin with, I am not really sure it is registered properly, as
the catalogs seem to indicate that it might be a 62.  So for openers, how
about helping me out with it's age and wether the engine might be original
or not.

Engine:  9CGDAH23600
Chassis:  HAN7L30122

Thanks, I KNOW I am going to enjoy this whole process...

bob...

=====================================

Welcome, Bob.

It appears as though you have a 1963 car built in Feb. or April.  You should
have a 1098cc motor with that car, but that is a 948cc motor built in Feb.
of '62.

This info and much more can be found in "Official Sprite and Midget" by
Terry Horler.  There are also some guys on this list that are darn near as
knowledgeable.

Good luck,

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
72 Midget -- Willy & David's "Team SU" BABE Rally car
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup -- about to make the big swim from New Zealand to the
U.S.

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."