Re: Some Questions for the list gurus...

To: bmwwxman@gmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Some Questions for the list gurus...
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 06:07:59 EDT
Jim,

A thermal barrier coating on the exhaust manifold or inlet manifold or both
will achieve a lot more than any carb heat shield will and while not that cheap
will be money you won't regret spending for many years if not decades.

Overheating in traffic but Not overheating on highway running suggests the
engine driven fan isn't delivering enough cold air  to cool the radiator. There
is a ton of stuff you can do to drop coolant temperatures but for you problem
I'd be inclined to consider an electric fan first.

I haven't used rim straps but a quality tape instead and I've never had
problems though the latest 5.5" wires I have are now tubeless.

Daniel1312