Re: Universal Fuel Pump...

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: Universal Fuel Pump...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 19:58:00 -0400
Bud Osbourne wrote:

> The only way to ensure the availability of top quality, OE spec parts is
> to make it economically feasible for the manufacturers to produce them.

Like Lucas India?
  Or Moss china?

But I do agree with you and I do my part but I always ask where the part
was made. Lucas India stuff is junk. Anything metal from china is junk.
But then again I have gotten Italian made wheel cylinders from a
lister/supplier and yes you need a metric wrench to bleed it but they
are decent quality and a fair price.
You and I are losing in the war on cheap crap. I have been fighting my
battles for about 25 years now, I lost most of them so I am no longer a
consumer in the big box world.
I see it with the junk I have to use everyday in my line of work.
I see it with all auto parts for any make.
Remember when a pair of Levis lasted more then 2 months?
$10 US made sneakers lasted all year, now $60 chinese made sneakers last
3 months.
I bought an outdoor stainless steel ice bucket/cooler. I opened it up,
put 5 lbs of ice in it and a 6 pack of beer, the legs bent.
It was not *CHEAP* in price but it was made cheap.
It would hold either the 6 pack OR the ice but not both, and ice does
not come in less than a 5 lb bag.
We upset people who are chinese or related to them when we bash their
goods but nobody complains about the quality of German made goods.
American goods used to be great but now all the American brand names are
Hencho en Mexico. El Chevrolet, Kraft foods, and who knows how many others.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ