Re: Universal Fuel Pump...

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Universal Fuel Pump...
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:39:51 -0500
Well, my Idget is far from original, but it is at least as reliable as any
of your cars. I put close to 20,000 miles on it last year and it has never
seen a hook. It always comes home under its own power. I have nothing
against keeping a car original; someday I would like to have a nice
beautiful original RWA Midget. I cannot afford that luxury at this time. I
can afford to have my Idget with its aluminum head, Phantom Grip lsd, lcb
header, 3/4" swaybar, 266 cam, tpc distributor, datsun 5-speed, etc that
will cheerfully cruise all day long at 80+ mph. No, it is not my daily
driver, but it could be if I so chose.
"Original performance and reliability" is an interesting phrase...
David Lieb
1972 RWA Idget