Re: MG Roadster coming to US

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG Roadster coming to US
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:02:20 -0500
> snip>My no-kia (must be a hyundai) phone ...

dan,
I think you missed some of Frank's subtle humor there. If the phone is
no-Kia (not a Kia), it must be a Hyundai.

Speaking of the Asstech, I don't believe there is ANY exterior angle from
which it is anything better than ugly; in fact, from all the angles I have
tried, it is FUGLY. I understand that the driver's seat isn't too bad, but
then you are responsible for inflicting all that hideousness on undeserving
strangers as you drive. (Kinda like Hemmingway's reputed predilection for
dining at the cafe at the foot of the Eiffel tower because it was the only
place in Paris from which you could not see what he considered to be an
eyesore.) The part that stymies me is that the Buick Rendezvous really isn't
that bad. If the Asstech hadn't come out first and poisoned the well, the
Rondy might have had a decent chance. I swear that Pontiac figured that they
were about to be shut down and wanted to cost GM as much as possible before
they went; EVERY line of that beast is carefully and deliberately WRONG.
David Lieb