Re: MG Roadster coming to US

To: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG Roadster coming to US
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:09:53 -0700
bushwacker4@zoomtown.com wrote:  "Isn't there supposed to be a Geely
dealership in Chicago in 2007?"

Not according to Popular Mechanics:

"The [Geely] exhibited [exhibited in Detroit in January] was equally
modest, a bland four-door propelled by a 1.6-liter  four-banger. Of
course, this car, is not designed to meet current emissions or crash
standards and will never see our shores--nor will Geelybs next
generation, already close to production. That says to us that we canbt
possibly see a Shanghai-based Geely here for at least five years.
Management isnbt even recruiting a dealership network yet, and claims it
wonbt until it has a product thatbs actually legal to sell. Well, at
least that means theybre being realistic and serious.'"

Buster Evans