Re: SU Carb problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb problem
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:13:47 -0800 (PST)
--- "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu> wrote:
> That's my theory. Anyone else think this could be
> the problem??? What
> say you mechanical engineers and "rocket
> scientists"?

I haven't worked on a rocket since the early '90s, but
that's exactly what I was thinking - resonances are
amazing things. I would even suggest changing the mass
of SOMETHING in the chain to change the resonance,
like the mass of the mounts or something (I would bet
the Weber would act differently). But it's always
tough since Frank usually thinks of everything, and
usually we don't have to resort to esoterica like
this. Plus if the carbs get Clarici'd across the
garage, the spark could cause a decent explosion that
would get a lot of air time on youtube.

Ron

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.