Re: SU Carb problem

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb problem
From: Bob Van Kirk <racerbob70@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 08:36:39 -0800 (PST)
  If the regulator is the standard generic type then
the nbrs on it do not denote a psi reading but rather
just a reference point.  Just because it is on the one
setting doesn't mean 1 psi.... You must measure the
psi with a gauge!  Most vacuum gauges are also fuel
pump gauges.  Plumb a "T" into the line just before
the carbs, hook up the gauge, run the engine and check
the gauge.  Be very careful about the fuel connections
on "T", make sure ther're TIGHT!!!!

--- derf <derf247@gmail.com> wrote:

> We covered that.  He tried a regulator set at 1 psi.
>
> On 3/4/07, Duncan Sinclair <duncan@pondhop.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > << I am leaning towards the theory proposed
> earlier with regards to
> > varying
> > pressures from the pump.>>

Looking for earth-friendly autos?