Re: SU Carb problem

To: Morris Motors <morris_motors@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: SU Carb problem
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 23:17:02 -0600
On 3/4/07, Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:

> the Weber would act differently). But it's always
> tough since Frank usually thinks of everything, and
> usually we don't have to resort to esoterica like
> this. Plus if the carbs get Clarici'd across the
> garage, the spark could cause a decent explosion that
> would get a lot of air time on youtube.

It may all be academic already. Talked to Frank on the phone today and
he assured me I'd be drinking a beer out of the remains of his carbs
by next week....   :-)

It's hard for me to swallow that all the different carb combos Frank
has tried would have exactly the same problem with some sort of
resonance. Not impossible to believe, just very hard.  I am guessing
but I would eliminate fuel input possibilities first before changing
things like motor mounts. I'd try changing out fuel filters, flexible
fuel line, and fuel pump first...

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City