Re[2]: Electronic ignition question

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Electronic ignition question
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:11:17 -0800
Hello Jacques,

       i went electronic simply because i hate having to fiddle with
       points. some don't mind, i do... my first try was the
       pertronix unit. easy to install, minimal changes other than
       some + ground idiosyncrasies... lasted about 2 years or so,
       then left me stranded... had to have the car towed home from
       over 60 miles out.. $$$$$$!

       Paul A. swore/swears by the crane unit. he happend to have one
       available.. PITA to set up, including CUTTING OFF the points
       mounting post .. scary, as there's no going back after that. ..
       and apparently NO NEED. it took me a while to get it dialed in,
       but ever since the spark is steady as a rock. .. would never go
       back or use anything else... ....

       to me the real test of mods is what do the racers do, as far as
       reliability goes... . almost every one of them (that i've seen
       vintage racing) uses a crane unit... not a pertronix in the
       field.....

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com