Re: Electronic ignition question

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition question
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 09:59:09 -0600
If I had a Seven with a Twin Cam I would look at perhaps a 1-2-3 dizzy or
Aldon or something besides Lucas.  Just from what I read on the net, Lucas
never made a dizzy with a good performance curve.  I would spend a few bucks
on something aftermarket and then spend a few bucks on custom curving, up to
and including dyno time.  Once you get it spot-on, you'll know it was worth
every penny.  I would even research the 1-2-3 dizzy, even though I feel it
is expensive (for street use), and see if anyone is running one in a Seven
type and if they are happy with the thing.
A Seven with a Twin Cam might even deserve a crank trigger system, unless
you are racing and it is prohibited.
Vroom, vroom.

Cheers,
Derf