RE: Electronic ignition question

To: "Spridgeteers" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electronic ignition question
From: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 06:47:20 -0800
Thanks, Robert... problem with the Twin Cam in the Seven is that the dizzy
is nestled right under the intake manifold, the inner fender severely
restricts access, and basically the only way to do anything to the dizzy is
to take the manifold off, or pull the dizzy out of the block. I pulled the
dizzy out last time - it's quicker than to take the manifold off.

If I cannot get the PerTronix to function properly again, I'll try the
Crane. I still have the original points set up, but I am not sure I want to
of you good mechanics out there, that would be no problem - for me, it is!

Also, I know every one tells me points are good up to 8000 revs or even
more, but I sure had problems with that engine and points in the dizzy over
7000 rpm (misfires).

JLC