RE: Horrible Freight Arc Welder question.

To: "'derf'" <derf247@gmail.com>, "'Linda Grunthaner'"
Subject: RE: Horrible Freight Arc Welder question.
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 16:16:40 -0400
Just for clarification, here, from one who is professionally involved
with welding (but not a welder by profession): Lincoln welders are every
bit as good as Miller.  I see both used, equally, every day.
Personally, I prefer Lincolns (I have two in my home shop, a 110v and a
220v), but would be happy welding with a Miller, too.

Best advice I can give is to stay away from cheap, imported welders.
Don't buy welding equipment from any place but you friendly, local
welding supply house.  These guys can be depended upon to know the
products they sell, and be able to help you out with any problems you
may encounter.

Welders are like many other things in life: You can get good.  You can
get cheap.  But, you can't get good AND cheap.

Bud Osbourne