Re: Horrible Freight Arc Welder question.

To: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Horrible Freight Arc Welder question.
From: "charlie shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 07:39:18 -0500 (CDT)
While I agree that Lincoln and Miller are good, Hobart as well (relabled
Miller so i'm told).  I purchased a odd brand called Firepower, it is a
MIg with gas attachment.  I took a welding class at the local tech center
for 8 weeks.  Learned enough to know I don't know anything type course.
With this welder, I welded up a 24x30 metal frame shop with out any
issues. It is the FP-130 model, my buddy has a 140 Hobart and we got a
better duty cycle than his machine, could have also been technique as
well.  Just my .10 worth.  I'm sure the one from HF will work fine for
what you are wanting to do for now.  It is a stick welder from what I
remember, I would recomend a mig (wire feed), as it is much easier to
learn on.  Just depends on what you are comfortable with.  Self darkening
mask is good too, but I still use the old school mask, just what I learned
on.

Good luck,
Charlie