Re: [Spridgets] Air Compressor Fittings

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Air Compressor Fittings
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:43:26 -0500
>I have a friend with a nice body shop.  They fix newer high end cars,
> some that haven't been sold yet.  They use PVC for compressed air
> runs.   They run somewhere between 150-200 PSI which is probably more
> than your home compressor.

Hmm, you are all saying PVC, but GRM emphasizes NOT to use PVC
under any circumstances because of the issues with becoming brittle
with time, sunlight, chemicals , etc. The idea of pvc shrapnel is not
enticing. Sounds like someone had an accident which is still haunting
them. My garage is only about 22 x 22, so I will not go broke on
copper tubing (FINALLY, a benefit to having inadequate space!).
Farm & Fleet sounds like a good idea, too. I keep forgetting them
and I shouldn't.