Re: [Spridgets] Air Compressor Fittings

To: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>, David Lieb
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Air Compressor Fittings
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 08:06:40 -0700
> All air is wet. I am not sure where were you going with that statement?
You can't filter steam. The air has to be cooled so the moisture condenses
into water droplets. PVC doesn't dissipate heat. I use 1/2" pipe with about
30 feet of pipe and two water traps before the first filter/regulator. I
have a small shop, so the pipe runs from the tank, to end of the room, and
back. It slopes away from the compressor all the way.  The water traps drop
down, the air lines go up and then down. The water traps have ball valves
with turn-outs. They blow out large amounts of water every morning, but the
filters never collect more than a few drops because the air is dry by the
time it gets to them. There's a good diagram here:
http://www.tptools.com/StaticText/airline-piping-diagram.pdf