Re: [Spridgets] pinking problem

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] pinking problem
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:07:50 -0500
Marc,

Do you mean you have been driving the car without the vacuum line hooked up?
Reconnect it and tell us what it does.

Knocking/pinging related to timing problems/too low octane/improper valve
lash...etc usually is most noticeable under load. Engine overheating can
cause it as can an improperly torqued knock sensor on engines so equipped.
Again, however, it should be most noticeable under load (acceleration or
driving uphill).  A knock or ping while not under load may be something more
diabolical...

On 8/4/08, Marc <smarc@smarc.net> wrote:

> What I wasn't clear about is the advance has NOT been hooked up at all.
>

> Billy Zoom wrote:
> >> It generally occurs (or is only noticeable)
> >> under extremely light throttle -
> >>
> > Do you have it hooked up to manifold vacuum instead of venturi vacuum?
> >

> --
>

> Marc

Cheers!!
Jim