Re: [Spridgets] pinking problem

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] pinking problem
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:54:18 GMT
Get back in touch with Jeff at Advance Distributors for educated advice.

Your's is an emission motor of the year wherein manifold vacuum advance was
maxed at idle to ensure cleaner emissions.

As the accelerator was applied, vacuum was
"retarded" as mechanical centrifugal timing
advanced in accordance with rpm.

Get out your Haynes, Bentley or whatever manual you are using to determine
whether your vacuum advance takeoff is
at the carb or intake manifold. You don't
want to get this wrong.

OTOH, if Jeff at Advanced Distributors may have re-curved your distributor to
run without the vacuum retard or advance as the case may be and follow his
advice
accordingly.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)