Re: [Spridgets] pinking problem

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] pinking problem
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 14:24:53 -0400
OK, this is two different issues I think - One is the pinking problem.
As explained to me, there is some mechanical advance (counter weight
driven).. I have never had the vacuum unit hooked up. The diaphragm on
the disty was ruptured when I got the car, so I capped it off to seal
the resultant vacuum leak.

This is the second issue - now that I have the disty rebuilt, I'm unable
to hook it up as it vibrates rapidly. Jeff @ advance told me that would
destroy the new diaphragm, so it's never been hooked up. Perhaps me
asking about the second problem in the same email is confusing the issue.

--

Marc