[Spridgets] gas vs electric garage heater?

To: "Midget Group at team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Spridgets] gas vs electric garage heater?
From: Steven Michelsen <stevenm@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 18:07:46 -0400
I am pondering heating my garage (winter is coming).  I am looking for a wall
or ceiling mounted, electric or natural gas unit that can heat an insulated
garage (at least it WILL be insulated soon!)   Looking at the Northern Tools
catalog I see that 240v electric heaters are cheaper than natural gas heaters
generally, but may cost more to run (?)  Anyway, does anyone have an opinion
about which type is better in the long run?  I am looking to do this as cheap
as possible and still get the job done.

thanks,
Steve