Re: [Spridgets] What does a shortblock weigh?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] What does a shortblock weigh?
From: chris_west@juno.com
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:07:46 -0500
BJNoSHOV8 wrote:

                                I need to pull the engine out of my
little car. .......Almost seems like I could reach in
                               there and pull it out by hand.

The first time I rebuilt my 948, I and 1 other guy installed it (engine
only, sans manifolds etc but with cyl head) back into my Bugeye (bonnet
removed) without using any lifting aids whatsoever.  It was a "straight
shot" from the back of a truck into the car.  I would not, however
attempt the same on a square body car.  That said, the block and tackle
probably would suffice, as would a cable type "come along".

Chris - AN5L35xxx
Refinance Now 3.4% FIXED
$160,000 Mortgage: $547/mo. No Hidden Fees. No SSN Req. Get 4 Quotes!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4cded465475bd20cc46st05vuc

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive