[Spridgets] OT - looking to get a new family car

Subject: [Spridgets] OT - looking to get a new family car
From: jfishbein at snet.net (Jay)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 08:21:47 -0800 (PST)
My wife is on her 3rd Volvo Wagon, which currently is a 2001 V70 with 185,000
miles. The car require regular repairs like any other car it's age and there
are
a couple of repairs needed of convenience items that are prohibitively
expensive
to repair. These include console dash lights that went out around 75,000 miles,
rear wiper switch, driver seat motor.

She likes it the least of the 3 she has owned and her youngest daughter still
has her previous wagon (a 1996 850) which has 225,000 miles on it.

The information I take away from reading the Volvo forums is that for all
intents and purpose, modern Volvos are Fords. IMO, there is nothing necessarily
wrong with a Ford, but to view a modern Volvo as a superior vehicle to a Ford,
is a deceiving oneself.
 jay

From: Robert Weeks <lists at woozy.com>

When I was younger I owned a 1969 Volvo 164 which was a tank. Picked it up for
next to nothing and drove it for years. Wish I had held on to that one.