Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@gmail.com>, bubba22987 <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:22:40 -0700
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I went through fits running high temps.  My radiator looked to be in good
shape in terms of not being dirty, closing off the flow, etc.  In hind site
it must have been compromised to some degree.  I also had three Sprite
radiators at the time and none of them would keep me cool in summer temps.

I wondered if the Brit radiators are simply not fit for hotter California
temps?

Sitting on my driveway was my sons Suzuki Swift that he stopped driving.
The car had some electrical issues that we could not track down.

I gave the car to our "Bugzuki" builder fellow lister, Larry Miller, who
came up from Salinas (I think Salinas) with a trailer and I kept the
radiator for my 59 Sprite.

The radiator fit right in place and it has since kept my temps just above
my thermostat rating of 160 degrees, no matter how hot outside or how long
I idle at a stop light in 100 degree plus summer temps.  Simply wonderful.

I have been told that the radiator I am using is the same found in the Geo
Metro?

I attached the electric fan to a thermostat under the hood to turn on at a
certain point.

Of course for those of us who are purists the car is no longer stock . .
but I have also changed out many other components as well.

Kirk
59 1275

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive