Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Water temp question..
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:42:32 -0500
References: <8D1A5544CD329EE-1530-9E7F@webmail-vm009.sysops.aol.com> <1411495324.45533.YahooMailNeo@web125401.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> <1A009963-A7FD-4CA5-B0AE-88B957FED0B0@comcast.net> <8D1A5BEF3367E59-2928-CE79@webmail-m271.sysops.aol.com> s=q20140121; t=1411753355; bh=TzTEniHyuNpxoKIvynAtPoWK4Nrwz/iAZKUyq8iXHqU=; h=Received:Received:From:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Subject:Date:To: Message-Id; b=RV5lyyjrZ3/r6nkVsZ2ERFwjTj0txpmuo5weC6DC/A49/SdWR3tsMpOkoTE4S8Vv5 IL4Tw5gndV8Zmxzt1JbWL3R2KIqrhW40bn10hRgA30pMGiKB+3GtyxzZ/1iNxxvIni cp8L/hBskggzpiUadOBrwV1WNcTwMojWd/gOsLCky6GVUdof9YwxJZAXC0xTD3vIf9 Ckw/iFpPmXUQiXwpQJuXmhMV9xvdLk+6VujPtUBnKGs5IsXmJUrDhS+STeGG/JPnAJ xomv1308fvdCVeeXg0QuWlcZkK7EPipxITBtxFFhB5SpBumbpUyIlYWQLUZLw8O5zE CMe064QMxQB2Q==
Just to update everyone..

Pulled radiator and there seems to be ample flow judging by how quickly it
emptied.

Pulled water pump, impeller connected to shaft.

Going to re-assemble and attach an electric pusher fan just to see if that
helps.

Going to retry the combustion test and pull out the pressure tester as well.

Not going to drive it tho'...

Lester

On Sep 23, 2014, at 10:29 PM, wilkmanracing@aol.com wrote:

> I assume the hoses are new, so we can eliminate a hose collapsed on the
inside?  And, I believe you said you've already checked the timing and
air/fuel mixture. Plus, I seem to recall you've already checked to see that
the thermostat is opening at the specified temperature?  The only other thing
of which I can think is the possibility that the rebuilder did not hot tank
the head and block.  Certainly a check of the radiator and water pump should
be done first.  I was just thinking, too, that the difference in temperature
from the top of the radiator to the bottom might reflect a blockage that is
not allowing the water in all or portions of the radiator to pass through.

> In any event, having had to chase down issues like the one you're facing, I
can honestly say "I feel your pain".

<spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Sent: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 6:34 pm
> Subject: Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Re: Water temp question..
>
> Well the gases in the system test is negative.. which is good. Only leaves
water pump and radiator by my reckoning..

> Ughhgghhhh
>
> Lester
>
> __._,_.___
> Posted by: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
        Reply to group                                Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic (23)
Club, please send a blank email to:  bugeye-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> If you no longer want to receive emails, but wish to remain a member of the
group, you may go to the website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/ and
change your subscription to "Web Only" and you will not receive any emails.

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive