throwin' frisbees at my car?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: throwin' frisbees at my car?
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 96 07:33 EDT
   I went out for a short drive Friday night ( yes, I actually
drive my Tiger once in a while). A few miles from home
I "opened her up", which, for me, is about half-throttle.
At 80mph, it was time for the 3-4 shift, and concurrent
with the slight jostle of the car when I shifted, I saw a
white ring fly by my wife's head. A frisbee? No! Oh, no!
  Yup, a headlight ring had popped off. I went back to get
it, and it could have been in worse shape. No metal damage
at all, but the paint is chewed up. I'll have to get the ring
repainted, I guess, as too much paint is gone for a touch-up.
   Now, I know some Sunbeams (early? late?) had screw-on
headlight rings. That seems a lot more secure to me. Anybody
ever modify snap-on rings to accept a screw? Or do I need
a new pair of rings? I certainly don't want this to happen
again...

Larry Wright, Maryland     "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R     1964 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1
1992 Toyota pick-up (who cares)
ph 301.386.7979                      fax 301.386.5333