Re[2]: Spin on oil filter

To: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>, larryall@pacbell.net,
Subject: Re[2]: Spin on oil filter
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 96 14:40:08 EST

     This will show you how much I knew about Tigers when I bought mine a
     few years ago. My Tiger came home with me and I tried to change the
     oil and couldn't find the filter.  It wasn't where it should be on a
     Ford engine.  I called the PO who said he broke a fitting and put a
     hose connecting the two outlets on the block adapter.  He said it was
     never driven after that happened and the rest of the pieces where
     mistakenly thrown away! His other Tiger had the same problem. An after
     market remote filter unit was mounted in the left fenderwell with the
     hoses running under the frame. He suggested that I do the same but
     having the hoses exposed to road debris did not thrill me.  So, I
     bought a remote filter unit and mounted it in the usual place for a
     Tiger after fabricating a mounting bracket.  Two weeks later I'm
     driving down the road and the oil pressure goes to zero because of a
     burst hose.  I shut the engine off and no damage was done but what a
     mess.  After that happened, I went with the small filter  on the block
     replacement.  My suggestion is to replace the hoses with something
     stronger then what comes with the kit if you go that route.

     jeff