RE: Re[4]: The trouble with TAC / Call for consensus and san

To: rs11@elsegundoca.ncr.com, nicholsj@oakwood.org, tigers@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: RE: Re[4]: The trouble with TAC / Call for consensus and san
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 01:51:33 -0800
        In no way would I expect a V-8 converted Alpine to sell for more
than a really good tiger, unless it was built for a specific purpose,
like Racing, where performance alone will dictate the price.  The
regular street Tigers should get more than Alpine with an engine swap,
that would only make sense.  But I ask this again, How many V-8 powered
Alpines are being touted as being Tigers?  It would take a hell of a lot
of work, to change everything that is even obviouse to make it look like
a Tiger, and the expense to do so won't justify the return even if it
does get sold as a Tiger.   Ok, well other than doing a quick Hack job
and selling it to some dumb car lot.  These cars are not being cloned
like Shelby Cobra's are, so the odds of seeing a quality knock off are
nill.  That's my point.  Since they are not being cloned, I quess just
don't see the point in the TAC verification.  That's just my opinion.
When I finally do my conversion, it will never be sold as a Tiger.  It
will be sold as a modified Alpine that handles better, steers easier,
and goes faster than a Tiger....But your are correct, if it was a real
Tiger in the same shape, I would be able to get more for it, and thats
the way it should be.

Rich