Re: Alternators

To: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Subject: Re: Alternators
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:00:41 +0000
Bennett Cullen wrote:

> The only thing objectionable is that the "self priming" action of the
> alternator doesn't come on immediately (due to a resistor value being too
> high). One slight rev-up and it comes alive, ready to serve from then on.
> By mounting it on the driver side
>
> Cullen in Tempe (B9472658).
Cullen: never had that problem with the GM alt. It charged the instant
the engine started. Did you compleatly disconnect the original voltage
regulator? The diagram I got with my one wire alt.has it wired to the
pos. battery post of the starter solenoid. And, I removed the wires from
the original regulator, joined them using brass screws and nuts amd
covered the exposed parts with electical tape.
I've got a wire diagram that I did in color for this GM to TIger
comversion. I could email a jpeg of it to anyone who wants it