Re: Alternators

To: hjenssen@juno.com (Herb J. Jenssen), LannieH@aol.com
Subject: Re: Alternators
From: Dave McDermott <Dave.McDermott@cusys.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 09:35:16 -0700
        Herb,
        CAT also did an article on alternator conversions in the mid
seventies. I then wrote a supplement to that article which we put in our
Colorado Tiger club newsletter which describes the differences when using an
ammeter. If you send me your address I will try to dig it out and send you
as copy. I have installed that set up with ammeter and external regulator
like the MKII in 5 Tigers with the oldest one done in 85. The only problem
is if you use a standard ammeter it is only 35 amps and when you first start
the car it pegs the stock gauge but quickly comes down into the range
displayed. For my street Tigers it is great and much more economical and
reliable than the old generator.

        Dave McDermott