RE: Collector Car Insurance

To: "'larryall@pacbell.net'" <larryall@pacbell.net>,
Subject: RE: Collector Car Insurance
From: Bo Cheadle <bcheadle@montgomery.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 07:44:40 -0700
Note that when you tell an insurance co that "it is only used for
parades" (or anything else you tell them) that you are going to be
insured for only what you tell them. In other words they will set a
premium based upon what they are told. If, generally after a claim, they
find out that the usage was different than you postulated then you are
going to be under-insured as they will look at the premium and give you
that amount of insurance that the premium would buy had you told them
"the truth". The only time they will care about the actual usage of the
car is after you try to collect from them. Then, and generally only
then, will they investigate whether or not what you told them is
accurate. You may be suffering under the delusion that you have
insurance coverage that in fact you do not. Moral: its cheap to "lie" to
them until you file a claim.