Re: Collector Car Insurance

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Collector Car Insurance
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 19:57:08 -0700
At 12:29 AM 5/15/97 -0400, CoolVT@aol.com wrote:
>Try State Farm.  Ask the agent about different classifications itr could be
>insured under.  They have a classic car category that should come in under
>$150 per year (less if you have only comprehensive during the cold months).
>   Mark

Mark is right....State Farm just got wise here in California and revised
everything,  Now it costs me $152.00 per year to insure the Tiger with a
stated value of (I think) $18,500.....yeah, I know, none of you would give
me that for the car......Full coverage including collision with a $250
standard deductable.  Only thing I need to do is to limit the mileage to
3500 per year....not a problem for us as it is our thrid car.  As I recall,
gone are the limitations that you can only drive the car to club meets,
parades, etc.  With the Tiger, they did not ask for my club card as they
did when I had to fight them several years ago for the "classic" car rate
on my Triumph.  Interestingly, I had AAA give me a quote recently to
compare against State Farm....they advised that since my rates had been
lowered so substantially recently, that I should stay with State
Farm......'bout time!!

Regards,

Allan
B9472373 (....another one-cents worth....)