Re: Header wrap

To: ".Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Header wrap
From: Jim Parent <jimparent@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 15:38:01 -0400
My headers (350hp, 302) are Jet-Hot coated.  They are extremely hot. =

Adjusting the idles mixture on the drivers side right after driving
requires gloves  (I've already singed the hair off the back of my hand).

I am getting ready to wrap my headers.  Since I have no intentention of
pulling the engine just to pull the headers (Yea Jim, I know, you've got
room to manuver so you didn't have to pull the motor) I'm going to try
Thermo-Tec's new sleeve material.  It's the same stuff that the wrap is
made from but it comes in 22" by 6" (or so) wide sheets with fasteners ev=
er
couple of inches.  Wiggle it down along side the tubes, wrap it around th=
em
and snap them shut.  I'll let you know if it works.

Regards,

Jim
B9470139