Re: Canadian Fans

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Subject: Re: Canadian Fans
From: Alvin and Lucille Johnson <johnson@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 08:23:15 -0400
When I was recently shopping for ceiling fans, I was told by my friendly
Home Depot salesman that 5-bladed fans were the most efficient way to
go. They moved more air than any other configuration. I can also recall
a CAT tip of some time ago advising the fitting of a 5-bladed Volvo 240
fan with better results than the 6-bladed fan. Yet all the talk is
directed to the 6-blade type.
        How about it, you engineering types?  Was Herb telling the truth?
What's the best way to go??? Some few Volvo 240s ought to be hitting the
junk yards about now.
Al J. (big radiator AND 6 blades)