engine/trans compatability ?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: engine/trans compatability ?
From: kjenssen@juno.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 16:51:35 -0600
I have a 65 Tiger MK I . I have a rebuilt high performance 1987 302 I
will be dropping in place of the tired original 260  ( had a five bolt
bellhousing ). The engine will be carburated.  I am trying to find
information on the posible "set-ups" to use regarding bellhousings. The
302 block is a 6 bolt. I have the original toploader transmission , HEH-E
with what I am to understand is the narrow 4 bolt pattern on the case . I
am not certain of what will be required to mate the 302 to the original
toploader. Any detailed suggestions will be appreciated as always.

I have considered installing a 5 speed or automatic. Suggestions on this
route would also be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
         Kirt Jenssen
         B9473199
hopefully , One day... the Tiger will be rolling down the road !!!