re: engine/trans compatability ?

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: engine/trans compatability ?
From: <Dave.Gauthier@nike.com> "Dave Gauthier"
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 97 6:32:23 -0800
Hey Kirt,

I don't know anything about converting a 6 bolt motor to a 4 bolt tranny. I
would think that solution exists.

I  know there are a variety of high-strength (and smaller than stock) bell
housings for the 80's-90's five speeds. That would be a good option if
there isn't a  6 to 4 conversion.

Please, please don't put an automatic in there.  Check out what Norman has
to say about automatics in his book. The Tiger's breaks and cooling system
were not designed for it!

Please keep me posted on what you find!

--dg
-------------
Original Text
>From <kjenssen@juno.com>, on 10/30/97 2:51 PM:
I have a 65 Tiger MK I . I have a rebuilt high performance 1987 302 I
will be dropping in place of the tired original 260  ( had a five bolt
bellhousing ). The engine will be carburated.  I am trying to find
information on the posible "set-ups" to use regarding bellhousings. The
302 block is a 6 bolt. I have the original toploader transmission , HEH-E
with what I am to understand is the narrow 4 bolt pattern on the case . I
am not certain of what will be required to mate the 302 to the original
toploader. Any detailed suggestions will be appreciated as always.

I have considered installing a 5 speed or automatic. Suggestions on this
route would also be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
         Kirt Jenssen
         B9473199
hopefully , One day... the Tiger will be rolling down the road !!!