Re: Fuel tank follies

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fuel tank follies
From: "Perry Sobol" <psobol@prod-nov.production.comdial.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 09:00:24 -0400
Date:          Wed, 3 Dec 1997 22:18:28 -0700 (MST)
To:            tigers@autox.team.net
From:          jdhugg@frii.com (Huggins)
Subject:       Fuel tank follies

Hullo out there.

The lining of my tanks has finally decided to let go completely...I have
black paint flakes floating in the tank, plugging the filters.  There are a
lot of products listed in Hemmings to clean and pickle or reline
tanks...anyone with first hand experience doing the deed?  I have limited
facilities...an open carport, for example...so need to find the fastest,
simplest way to remove the flakes and reline the tanks...I have new old
stock rubber connectors for the cross connect between fender tanks...and
will check them over thorougly for age cracks before installing.  Lessons
learned please?

Doug Huggins

Tiger Fans,

I too have a similar problem----

After pulling the engine out and the car sitting in a closed room,
(Tiger House) when I walk in there is a strong smell of gas. There is
no sign of any fluids on the floor or any visual signs of anything
leaking. (?)

I'm also looking for a replacement crank pulley that is warped. It's
a 289 and the pulley looks to be about an inch from where it bolts on
to the edge where the belt sits. Does anyone know the Ford  # or a
suitable replacement.

Thanks in advance, Perry