Re: Advice For A Newcomer

To: <earndt@telequest.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Advice For A Newcomer
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 21:38:20 -0500
For all I know this may be one of the unreleased TAC secrets, but my Tiger
had a builders plate on the left side of what would be the rear seat
cusion, if the car had a rear seat. It was under the tarpaper insulation,
about on the opposite side of the battery access opening, where the Tiger
does not have a battery & identified pressed steel as the builder. Also
look for Cro-Magnon looking pop rivets on the VIN tag. The modern looking
rivets are much smaller than original. I was foolish enough to remove these
valuable markers before I knew what value some people put on them. Then
again, a restored Michigan Tiger probably will never be a collectors item.
Good luck in your search.
Doug Leithauser