Re: More dumb questions

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: More dumb questions
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:12:23 -0500
At 10:26 AM 2/16/98 -0600, you wrote:
>where does the cable attach to the rear brakes?  I can't see anything
>underneath that looks like the drawing....
>
>Jim Pickard
>B9473298

Jim,
        No question is dumb if you are trying to fix something.

The cable end attaches to the  lever on the right brake  drum.
The end of the housing fits into a 5/16 x 24 1/2" rod which has a
cable housing bracket on it 5 3/16" from one end.  This end of the
rod slides through a hole in a bracket welded to the lower center
of the differential housing. the other end of the rod connects to the
 lever on the left brake drum. the end of the rod has a 90 degree
bend that goes through the brake lever.  There is a metal snap
clamp to retain it. There are a couple of other bends in the rod.
Bend #1: 1/2" offset (down) 2" from center of cable housing clamp.
Bend #2: Starting 13 inches from center of housing bracket
angled down for a 1 3/8" total offset at the point that the rod is bent
90 degrees up to connect to lever.  Bend #2 is also offset 1" toward
 the front of the Tiger.  The stub 90 degree stub is 5/8" long.
All measurments are  from the center of the rod.
        When you pull the brake handle, both the cable and the 5/16" rod
(with cable housing) move ( in opposite directions) and pull both brake levers.

Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others.