Under hood heat

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Under hood heat
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix15.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 15:20:59 +0000
To All:
I need some advice. My brain has been working overtime trying to solve a
unique problem with my Tiger. It overheats in stop-and-go traffic. Now isn't
that a surprise!

Anyway, new engine, new four core radiator, LAT hood (from those neat guys
at Tiger Tech), Gano water filter, 50/50 mix of antifreeze/water, original
four bladed fan, new water pump, 180 degree thermostat and 13 lb. radiator cap.

On the road, even in normal suburban driving there's no problem. But sit at
a light or in line to a car show and the sucker starts puking its guts out.

One school of thought is that I need to locate a non-overflow tank style cap
that is a true 13#. The overflow tank style cap is designed--I am told--to
relieve pressure into the catch bottle. Well, since I am stock kind of guy,
that goes against my grain. Another suggestion is to fit a six bladed Ford
fan. Still another is that the ONLY solution is to mount a thermostatically
controlled aftermarket fan in front of the radiator.

Any other suggestions out there? I'd love to hear 'em. I'm getting real
tired of buying antifreeze and carrying two gallons of water around with me
wherever I take the Tiger.

Thanks to all.

Jeff/Tiger Technologies