Spark Plug Wire Sets

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spark Plug Wire Sets
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:28:37 -0700
What do you think about Spark Plug Wire Sets.

My personal opinion is:  moderate to hi-end priced pre-made work JUST FINE.

The reason I ask is that the PO installed ACCEL spark plug wires.....I
suppose because they looked cool with some promise of X% increase in HP and
or spark.  Personally, I have found them to be a royal pain in the ass!!

For example, took the Tigger out a couple of weeks ago.  A day or two
later, fiddled with the wires to check contacts with spark plugs.  Ran the
car a few days ago and it now idles very rough and backfires when going
from low to moderate speeds.  Hi speeds ar still no problem....runs great.
Sounds like those stupid carbon element spark plug wires to me....whaddya
think.  Would appreciate any and all opinions on this subject....besides, I
have never really been sure I have been getting much spark off these wires
anyway.  Important to note other factors: Accel Dual Point Ignition, stock
generator and what appears to be a stock coil.

Thanks once again for your opinions....

Regards,

Allan
B9472373