Odds and ends

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Odds and ends
From: FrizB MG <FrizBMG@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 10:24:03 EDT
Hi Tigers
 I am prepping my Tiger for painting.It has had the frame rust repaired,the
rocker panels replaced and the engine compartment sandblasted.It is my
intention to paint the engine compartment,install the drivetrain and then
finish painting the body.
 But I have just one minor problem.The rubber topped capstan that supports the
back hood edge on the passenger side refuses to come loose.It just turns and
turns and turns.It appears to be "blind",there is no provision to get a wrench
or channel locks or anything else up inthere to secure the base to keep it
from turning.I am tempted to just take care of the problem with a cold chisel
and be done with it .I figured a question like this is made for this forum.If
I cut it off with a chisel,how do I secure the new one in its place since I
dont have access to the other side?I do not own a welder.
 Thanks
Tony