Re: Re: Odds and ends

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: Odds and ends
From: "Chad Raynal" <chad.raynal@mailexcite.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 09:08:25 -0700
>>I would use an abrasive cut-off wheel and cut the
>>stud in two and then allow the cut stud and loose nut
>>to drop.

Agreed.. that's what I'd do too.

>>You need a tool to install the RIVNUT, find a tool
>>rental place that has them or check at garages that
>>work on race cars, or maby at the local airport.  The
>>tool cost around $200, too much for a single use.

I just had to do a similar installation on my '69 Camaro license plate bracket
mount.
 I was able to find the "RIVNUT" style insert at Orchard Supply Hardware, and it
included an installation tool as well.  The installation tool is fairly low tech
in this application, but worked flawlessly.  The kit came with 5 inserts and the
installation tool for something like $3.28.  If you can't find something like
this
for yourself, I'd be happy to send you one I can pick-up at my local Orchard
Supply
Hardware.

-Chad