Re: Fallehy award

To: PirouetteT <PirouetteT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fallehy award
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 06:54:40 -0700
Chris, Listers,

I too believe we have a long list of deserving candidates, but I also feel
from what I'm aware of that this would be the best year to recognize Norm.
Unfortunately, I've heard a rumor that he may not be attending this year's
event, so a kidnapping may be needed just to get him there. He may also
feel a little sheepish insofar as this award was his brainchild, but with
enough grass roots support, we may be able to convince him it's OK.  The
question now is how do we get a handle on this award in terms of defining
the selection process; i.e., who's in charge if it isn't Norm himself?

Bob