Re: Fallehy Award

To: TigerCoupe <TigerCoupe@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fallehy Award
From: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 15:24:00 -0700

TigerCoupe wrote:

> When the Fallehy Award was created last year, one of the stipulations was that
> each year the responsibility for administering it would pass to the club which
> was sponsoring Tigers United for that year.  That club would actively solicit
> nominations throughout the year, and from these nominations, would select a
> deserving recipient of the Fallehy Award.
>
> Until last year's winner, Mark Olson, decided it was time to clean up the
> trophy and get it to this year's muckity-mucks, I had heard nothing about the
> Fallehy Award for the past year.  Mark's questions to this list were never
> answered that I'm aware of, although it is possible that occurred privately.
> What did ensue was support for the award and a number of well-considered
> nominations (and seconds), which to date, have not been acknowledged.
>
> So it sorta makes me wonder, is the Fallehy Award going to be presented this
> year?
>
> Steve Sage, can you enlighten us?
>
> Dick Barker

Hello Dick & Everyone:

This discussion of the award on the net is the first I've heard of it. I have no
idea who is the "caretaker" of it or what criteria to use for its award, or
where
(if it's a specific trophy) it exists! As far as I know, no one passed this info
on to CAT. If that person or persons would pass the information to me, we'll go
on
from there.

Steve Sage