Re: carb

To: "Jim Parent" <jparent@yahoo.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: carb
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:37:36 -0700
    Simply because a built up engine is NOT as effecient at normal RPM, and
because of that, your engine actually requires more energy (gas+air) to lope
along at 2,200 RPM than does a block stock engine.  That's one of the reasons
you get worse gas milage with built engines, even when just putting along...It
all turn to heat and polution.
    As you said, it may take a mere 30 HP to lope along at 45 mph or so (this is
for demonstration purposes only...No correction needed)...but you'll burn twice
the gas, and expend that much more heat.  Granted, a lot of the extra gas is
wasted, but some isn't, and that ads heat !!!

Rich