RE: SAC

To: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: SAC
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 12:05:54 -0700
Allan,

Glad you are enjoying this thread in between laying tile and working on the
Tiger. While some of this may have been inspired by "The Laifman", we, in
fact, didn't spend much time together at TUXXIII. However, not being one to
sit idly by, Steve has contributed the following insights and observations
off-line regarding SAC. I would suggest, based on his keen understanding of
the issues, that we nominate Steve as Chairman of SAC.

>Bob,
>

>By G-d, you've really got the TAC issue brought down to "human" terms.
When you
>start thinking about the number of "post-production" modifications that are
>routine, you have to get very technical about the extent of the
modifications.
>Where is the line drawn between hormones taken for medical reasons having
side
>effects on opposite (or both) genders to alter physical characteristics?
Where
>do you draw the "line" on surgical procedures to restore originality, vs.
alter