Re: Insurance?

To: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance?
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:42:05 -0700
Kevin Meek wrote:

> I know this subject has come up before, but as usual I wasn't
> paying attention.  I currently have my Tiger insured with AAA
> with full coverage including collision.  Since my work situation
> changed, I no longer can drive it daily and the cost of insuring
> it to just sit there is too much.  I used to have classic car
> insurance on another car, but it was pretty restrictive as I
> recall.  I don't mind having a reasonable mileage limitation
> but would prefer to avoid limits on the type of use.  Is anyone
> using low(er) cost classsic car insurance, and can you share
> it's limitations and costs with me so I can find something more
> affordable?  Thanks in advance for your help...
> Kevin Meek (kevnmeek@netcom.com)    Sunbeam Tiger B382002202
> Santa Cruz, California            Sunbeam Alpine SI B9011324

Hello Kevin
I have the car insured with Haggerty Classic Car Insurance.  We have
an agreed upon value of $15000.  They charge $115 per year and for this
fee I have $100000 Liability, $5000 medical, $35000 uninsured, and
$35000 underinsured.  This insurance coverage is for a "antique vehicle"
which in their definition is 25 years or older and is maintained
primarily for use in car club activities, exhibitions, parades, other
functions of public interest or for a private collection, and is used
only infrequently for other purposes.In their literature I saw no
mileage limits and since I use the car "infrequently for other
purposes",
I think that I have pretty good coverage here.
They are located in Traverse City, Mi and their phone number is
800-922-4050.

p.s. Kevin if you are going to Harry's tomorrow night and want to borrow
the contract I can bring it along.  Just let me know.
--
Larry Allbritton
B9472723