RE: Speedo trouble

To: "Steve Laifman" <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: RE: Speedo trouble
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 00:36:24 -0700
Early in my experience with my Tiger I too made the mistake of buying a
speedo cable from VB.  Way too long, wrong fittings and would not fit worth
a damn.  Stuck with my dilemma, I decided on some workshop surgery.
Basically combined the old and the "new" piece of crap from VB to obtain a
usable unit using the old as a model.  Would have sent it back, but had to
have the car ready for British Car Day several days later.  Still working
today, but I have learned my lesson.

Speaking of British Car Day........those of you in SoCal read on, others
might want to hit the Delete button now.  The San Diego British Car Council
will be holding our Annual British Car day on October 4th this year.  It's a
nice afternoon with lots of LBC's to look at a plenty of room to picnic.
Had a great time last year for a very nominal entry fee.  Will post more
details to the list next week, with plenty of forewarning!

BTW, I second Steve.  Don't buy anything from VB.  Hell, it took 'em three
tries to get my credit card right.

Regards,

Allan