Re: Coolants

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Coolants
From: befarkas@ncsu.edu (Brian E. Farkas)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 22:11:05 -0500
All this talk about various types of coolant and their potential
effectiveness...

I would imagine that someone in the group might be able to shed some light
on the role of the coolant (in theoritical terms - we all know that it
should cool the engine!). Allan, Bob, Joe? What I'm getting at is that the
coolant properties of interest are its boiling point and its heat capacity
(that is, its ability to "carry" heat). Does the orange stuff have a better
heat capacity than others? What other properties do we need to consider?

So enough ramble, anyone care to pitch in?

Brian